FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE – MEDIA RELEASE
The Wolfe Brothers have announced that the first show after the release of their debut album, IT’S ON, will be at TRECC on Thursday 24th January during the Toyota Country Music Festival. The band will release the album on Friday 18th January after being signed to ABC/UNIVERSAL.
After completing their amazing run on the nationally televised prime time show Australia’s Got Talent everything has changed for the Hobart based quartet of close mates. The band has been performing around the traps in Tasmania for years, paying their dues and ultimately becoming recognized nationally for their electric live performances and original songs, thanks to Australia’s Got Talent.
- They have signed up for management with Stephen White Management, the same company that also manages country superstars Lee Kernaghan and The McClymonts.
- Their first album has been mixed and co-produced by Nashville heavyweight Luke Wooten who also produces US star Dierks Bentley.
- The band has been signed by ABC / Universal Music to their first recording contract.
- The first single, the title track from the album, IT’S ON, will be released to radio in November.
- The band has been invited to travel with Lee Kernaghan on his national tour throughout 2013 as Lee’s special guests and will open all his shows.
- Lee was so impressed with the band’s level of musicianship he has also recruited them to play in his band for the tour.
- The band has made their new album available for pre-orders on their website. Everyone who pre-orders the album will get their signed copy delivered to their address by Australia Post on the day of release in January. In addition, a free copy of the group’s first EP will be included in the pack. Go to www.thewolfebrothers.com to order this special offer for only $25 per copy including shipping and handling.
The Tamworth event will also feature 3 other exciting fresh Aussie acts who don’t mind getting out on stage with their respective bands, cranking up their amps and letting it rip with the new sound of country.
The Wolfe Brothers Electric Zoo Tamworth show will also feature -
MORGAN EVANS: In 2012 Morgan signed a major record deal with Warner Music Australia. He has toured with Taylor Swift, Brooks & Dunn, Thirsty Merc, Shannon Noll and Corb Lund – to name a few. He won the 2007 Telstra Road To Tamworth. His first single, ‘Big Skies’, was an ARIA Country #1 single and CMC #1 video. Morgan is without a doubt a major star in the making.
MARKUS MEIER: To date Markus has delivered 4 x #1 singles, a #1 ARIA Country album with ‘A Different Land’, which was also the highest selling album at the Gympie Muster in 2010 and he has been nominated for 2 Golden Guitars. Markus has also spent the last 2 years touring as special guest on Lee Kernaghan’s tours.
ADAM ECKERSLEY: Adam is about to burst on to the scene after signing a recording deal with Universal Music. He spent time in Nashville during 2012 to write songs for his new album. He has also been writing with his wife Brooke McClymont for the project that is due for an early 2013 release. Adam is an amazing guitar player who has been working pubs and clubs on the east coast of Australia for years and insiders are saying this album is a killer.
“We’re a country rock band who actually make country music that rocks,” Tom Wolfe laughs. “We are so excited about this show in Tamworth and playing with 3 other like-minded bands that just want to get out there and pump music out loud and live. Get ready for a show with a difference folks. Four rockin’ bands in one show. It’s gonna be a zoo!”
The Wolfe Brothers are: Nick Wolfe [Guitar and vocals] | Tom Wolfe [Bass Guitar and Vocals] | Brodie Rainbird [Guitar] | Casey Kostiuk [Drums]
Tickets for The Wolfe Brothers Electric Zoo concert are on sale now.
Thursday 24th January 2013 | 12.30pm
TRECC, Tamworth NSW
BOOKINGS: (02) 6767 5300 | www.visittamworth.com
For more information about the Wolfe Brothers, please visit www.thewolfebrothers.com